There are several steps to purchasing a home. It is recommended that you start by consulting your Buyer Agent as early in the process as possible to make sure that you don’t make any missteps. Your agent will help you navigate through each step and make the process as easy as possible. Home buyers who use Buyer Agents are much less likely to experience distress in the buying process.
What are the steps to buy a home?
- Find an agent: Choosing the right real estate agent can be the key to finding the right home and getting the best deal. When buying property, always choose an Buyer Agent
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage: Getting pre-approved initiates the mortgage process with a lender and tells you how much you can borrow. It also allows you to move faster when you’re ready to make an offer.
- Search homes for sale: Work with your agent to create a wish list that meets your criteria or search for real estate online to find properties that match what you’re looking for.
- View properties you are interested in: Go to see properties that you are interested in to make sure that they look as good in person as they do on paper.
- Make an offer: Once you have found a home you are interested in, work with your agent to make an offer to purchase the property.
- Inspect the property: An inspection identifies any potential problems such as existing structural, electrical, or plumbing issues with the home. After the inspection, you can try to negotiate repairs or a lower price with the seller.
- Get the keys: Once the deal has been accepted by both parties, and all of the paperwork is complete, you will receive the keys to your new home.